Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
Last Updated Date: 1/1/2023
This California Consumer Privacy Statement (the “California Statement”) supplements the insightsc3m.com (the “Site”) Privacy Statement and applies to personal information collected on or through the Site about California residents.
This Policy uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations (collectively, the “CCPA”).
1) Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect the following information about California users of the Site:
- Identifiers, such as your name and address.
- Commercial Information, such as your account information, order history, and last 18 months of payment information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity, such as your browsing activities on our site.
We do not collect personal information deemed “sensitive” under the CCPA.
2) Purpose for Collection and Use
We collect and use personal information in order to provide the products purchased, fulfill orders, and to communicate with you, including sending transactional communications.
We collect information directly from you or from your device.
4) Disclosures of Personal Information
We may disclose any of the categories of personal information described above to one or more of the following categories of third-parties:
- Vendors, consultants and advisors who provide services on our behalf
- Data analytics providers
- Acquiring/merging entity, in the event of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets
- Government entities and investigatory bodies, including regulatory agencies and law enforcement
We may disclose personal information for other reasons that we may describe to you from time to time or as permitted by law.
5) Sales/Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information, as that term is defined in the CCPA. We also do not conduct “sharing” for purposes of online behavioral advertising through the insightsc3m.com website.
We will retain your personal information for the period of time reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes described in our privacy statements or any other notice provided at the time of collection, taking into account applicable statutes of limitation and records retention requirements under applicable law.
7) California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below:
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed about you.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in the personal data we have collected about you. We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions under the law. We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations.
If you are a Retailer or non-Direct Distributor, you or your authorized agent may submit a request by contacting us at (866)-928-3510 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct Customers should contact Customer Solutions at (855)-747-2432 or AGDCCustomerSolutions@altria.com. If you have an agent making a request, we will require (1) the agent to provide proof of authorization and (2) you to confirm that you have provided the agent your permission.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an insightsc3m.com account with us.
If you do not have an online account with us, we may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity, such as: your address, last transaction date, last four digits of payment method, or other similar information. In addition, if you do not have an online account and you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Nondiscrimination: We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.